Subject: Re: PAR export
From: RICK CATIZONE <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 15:10:41 -0500

On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Thomas Desmond wrote:

> 
> 
> > 	When you use SID or OPUS to look at the animations with TRANSLATE turned
> > on, what is the form of the filenames?
> 
> On my system, OPUS has never once displayed the PAR drive in its list of 
> drives that it offers acess to.  (Even if I start OPUS with PAR already 
> running.)  LW, ADpro, and IFX do show the ddr drive in their file requester 
> windows, but none of them has ever shown a list of individual frames 
> but rather just the base animation name.
> 
> On my PAR software, when I click on the IMP/EXP button, I get the 
> "Import/Export Control Window" as seen in the PAR manual on page 42.
> Unlike the one in the manual, however, mine has a switch that changes 
> from "Translate On" to "Translate Off" when you click on it, but it seems 
> like "Translate On" is the default position.  So when I want to export 
> frames from the PAR, I just activate this window and leave it 
> displayed on the PAR screen and then go to LW to start rendering.  If 
> there's anything else I'm supposed to do to turn translate on, I don't 
> know about it.  
> 
> Tom Desmond
> 
> 
Tom...

In load images (LW)menu type in DDR: for the drive.M  When you select your 
file make sure you add a "period" after the name.  Make sure you have 
loaded it as a SEQUENCE.  

Make sure you're not test rendering frame zero as you will not have an 
image since your Par file thinks it begins with number one(and it does).
Test frame 5. You should se it.  if not, assuming Par is set up right, 
look to the obviuos. Load your object or plane or whatever polygonal 
surface you're mapping this to, and make sure it is facing the camera.
If your poly is inverted, you'll never get to see what is mapped on the 
surface.

In PAR, make sure translate is on. And make sure to toggle export format 
to IFF, not PAR.

Hopefully this quick check should solve your problem.

RICK CATIZONE/ANIVISION